The Department of Electronics and Communication, J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology is located in the campus of Science faculty of University of Allahabad. Its Foundation stone was laid by late Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, on April 14, 1949 and it was finally inaugurated by him on April 4, 1956. Charitable trust contributed for the construction of the complete building. It is pioneer department in the country for teaching and research in Electronics Communication and Computer Science. Under the leader ship of Prof. S.N. Ghosh, its first head. This Department took significant strides in establishing for itself a nationwide reputation. The Department conducts courses in the field of Electronics and Communication and Computer Science leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.), Master of Technology (M. Tech.), B. Sc. (Comp. Sc.) and M. Sc. (Comp. Sc.). These courses are designed to meet the current challenging demands of the Nation. The Post graduate course in Computer Science was started in the year 1986.The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) had selected the institute as a center to generate man power in computer science (Software). The intake in B. Tech. (4 yrs) is through AIEEE rank & for admission in B. Sc. & M. Sc. the intake is through the entrance test conducted by the University. The institute has state-of-the-art laboratories and class rooms. The institute has a very good placement record and the Alumni of University are spread through out the world and are occupying key positions in their field.