The Department of Physical Education of the University of Allahabad was founded in 1987. Functioning started with admission of first batch from February 2000 under the able leadership of Dr. Archana Chahal.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- To prepare qualitatively and professionally the best leaders in the field of Physical Education, Sports and Games.
- To serve as a centre of excellence and innovation in Physical education and to undertake, promote and disseminate research in the field.
- To provide technical, professional and academic leadership to other institutions, of Physical Education.
- To improve the physical fitness standard through the mass participation in Physical Education and Sport.
- To develop and promote programme of Physical Education and Sport in the country.
- To provide vocational guidance and placement services to the people in the field of Physical Education.
SCOPE OF COURSE
The successful candidates of the B.P.E., course shall be well qualified for the appointment as the Sport Officers, and Supervisors, Administrative Officer, Directors. Physical Education Teachers, Lecturer,. Health club Managers, Fitness Consultants in School / College, Universities Industrial Establishments, Commercial Firms and Government and Non-government agencies which are engaged in promoting Physical Education and Sports in India. The candidates after completion of this course shall be eligible to apply for the post of commissioned officers in Army, Navy, Air force and Para Military force.