The Centre of Computer Education & Training was established under Institute of Professional Studies, University of Allahabad in December 2000. Initially it offered to University students short-term courses on Computer Basics, Programming, Hardware & Networking, Web Design and Computer-Aided Financial Management and training for DOEACC ‘O’ Level examination.
In 2006 the Centre was granted full accreditation by DOEACC Society (An autonomous body of Dept. of Information Technology, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi) for a period of 6 years to conduct DOEACC ‘O’ Level computer courses. Later in the year 2007 the centre also initiated Master of Computer Applications (MCA) and Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA).
- The Centre has 8 air-conditioned computer labs with 200 computers in a networked environment.
- 30-node server based computer lab.
- 8 Lecture rooms, a lecture hall to seat eighty students, all lecture rooms are furnished with multimedia equipments.
- Physics Laboratory for BCA students.
- Digital Hardware Laboratory.
- Microprocessor/ Microcontroller Lab.
- Network Experimentation Lab
- Library with over four thousand books.
Objectives of the Centre:
The institute aims at highest levels of excellence in technical education and training to develop a new class of competent computer & software professionals’ engineers and software professionals required by the fast emerging global environment. The main objectives are:
1. To provide educational and personality development facilities for preparing worthy citizens of tomorrow.
2. To provide industry academia interface.
3. To contribute to the growth of the society.
4. To conduct need based training programs and workshops etc.
Strength of the Centre
a) In each semester the Centre, through its book bank provides a set of good text books to the students so that they may study well.
b) The Institute is a member of the following societies of IEEE: IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, IEEE Information Theory Society, IEEE Control Systems Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society and IEEE Education Society.
The Institute runs the student chapter of IEEE.