1. At least 4 candidates should have appeared in the University examination concerned.
2. The candidate should have passed the examination in the First attempt, in consecutive years, in all the years/parts/phase of the courses, with no gaps of studies, for any reason, whatsoever. The candidate should therefore have completed the course in the minimum prescribed time frame.
3. In case of a tie, the medal shall be awarded to the candidates whose performance was better in proceeding class / degree.
4. In case of medal sponsored for a particular paper of a subject by the donor, all the above regulations shall apply except that the merit of candidate shall be made on the basis of performance in that paper. In case of tie, the aggregate marks of the course shall be a deciding factor.
5. The list of awardees for the gold medals shall be prepared by the Controller of Examination well in time to ensure presentation of the awards in the convocation.