GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION TO COACHING FOR
UPSC/UPPSC Civil Services Examinations (2024) under the auspices of the
Dr.Ambedkar Foundation and the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India
Online applications are invited from the interested SC & OBC candidates by Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE), University of Allahabad, Prayagraj, under the “Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC Students” for the 2023 Batch.
DR. AMBEDKAR CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE(DACE) SCHEME
The Dr. AmbedkarCentres of Excellence Scheme of Free Coaching Scheme for SC Students was launched on 22nd April, 2022, by the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India, New Delhi. Under this scheme, the Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence (DACE) was established in the Academic Complex, FCI Campus, University of Allahabad. This scheme has been recently revised by the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Department of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi, and now shall be called the Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC Students. The objective of the scheme is to provide coaching of good quality for economically disadvantaged Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) candidates to enable them to appear in competitive examinations for obtaining appropriate jobs in the public and private sectors and/or for securing admission in reputed technical and professional higher education institutions. A total of 100 seats have been allocated to the Dr. Ambedkar Centre of Excellence, University of Allahabad (DACE-AU), Prayagraj, under the Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC students by the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India, New Delhi. The DACE-AU is committed to providing excellent training to students to broaden their knowledge, develop critical thinking, raise problem solving skills and confidence.
THE COURSE(S) FOR WHICH COACHING WILL BE IMPARTEDAT DACE-AU
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)/Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)Civil Services Examination (Preliminary and Mains)
DURATION OF THE COURSE: One Year
TOTAL SEATS: 100 seats
AGE LIMIT: The candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age. SC (21-37 years) and OBC (21-35 years).
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
The students will be selected through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the University of Allahabad.The syllabus of the CET for admission in the UPSC/UPPSC CSE course will be similar to the syllabus of the UPSC CSE Preliminary General Studies Paper. There will be 100 MCQs with one mark for each question from the following subjects:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and the Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography
- Economic and social development
- Indian polity and governance
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
- General Science
- Mental ability
- General English
- General Hindi
Total marks: 100, and Duration: 2 hours
CATEGORY-WISE RATIO OF CANDIDATES
A minimum of 50 students and a maximum of 100 seats can be allocated. The percentage of SC students shall notbe less than 70%. In case of non- availability of adequate number of candidates in the SCcategory, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment can relax this ratio. However, in nocase, a less than 50% SC students shall be permitted. Also under each category, 30% of theslots shall be reserved for female candidates. In case sufficient numbers of female candidatesare not available under any category, male candidates from the same category shall beconsidered by the DAF.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Only students belonging to SCs and OBCs, having total family income of Rs. 8.00 lakh or less per annum from all sources will be eligible for benefits under the Scheme.
- SC/OBC candidates belonging to a Minority community may apply under the similar scheme(s) of Ministry of Minority Affairs, or the State Govts. as the case may be.
- The student should have a valid Aadhaar number and a bank account seeded therewith, allotted to him/her. At the time of application, if the student does not have Aadhaar number, he/ she can submit his/her EID number. However, the payment shall be released only after obtaining the Aadhaar Number and shall be disbursed to the Aadhaar seeded bank account of the student only.
- Income Certificate: Income declaration of self-employed parents/guardian should be in the form of a certificate issued by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and submit consolidated certificate from Revenue Officer including any other additional source of income.
- Students having less than 50% marks in their class XII exam, shall not be considered under the scheme.
- The students/candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized University/Deemed University/Institution established by law by the central government or state government.
- A candidate appearing in the last semester or final year of graduation can also apply, but they must have a graduation degree at the time of admission to the program.
- Benefit under the Scheme can be availed by a particular student not more than twice, irrespective of the number of chances he/she may be entitled to take in a particular competitive examination and irrespective of the number of stages in the exam. The student will be required to provide a declaration that he/she has not taken benefit more than twice under the Scheme or any other similar coaching scheme run by the Central or State Government.
- The candidate shall be precluded from availing benefit under any other coaching scheme of the Centre or State Government and will be required to provide a declaration to this effect. A list of beneficiaries availing the scheme will also be uploaded on the portal of the scheme and shall be shared with Central University to avoid possibility of the candidate availing benefits of similar coaching scheme simultaneously or more than twice.
- Students who are perusing post-graduation or other diploma/degree courses may not be considered for the free scheme.
- Candidates already posted somewhere in any organization sector or govt. institution shall not be eligible for the free coaching.
- The selection of the candidates for admission to the UPSC/UPPSC CSE course will be strictly based on the merit.
ADMISSIBLE PAYMENTS AND MODE OF PAYMENT BY THE DR. AMBEDKAR FOUNDATION (DAF), NEW DELHI, TO THE SELECTED CANDIDATES FOR THE COACHING AT DACE-AU
- Admissible payments: (i) Course fee @ not exceeding Rs. 75,000 on per student basis as detailed in Annex- A of these guidelines (ii) Stipend @ Rs. 4000 per month for full duration of the course not exceeding 12 months (iii) Rs. 15,000 as incentive to the successful students for coaching for interview for all the students clearing the mains stage of Central Civil Services / State Civil Services Exams for Class 1 and Class 2 posts.
- Mode of payment: All the admissible payments shall be released to the students through DBT in their Aadhaar enabled bank accounts. The fee and stipend shall be released in two installments of 50% each of the admissible amount. The first installment shall be released immediately at commencement of course and the second installment will be released after conclusion of more than 75% of the course duration. The students will be required to remit the amount received from the DAF to the institution (University of Allahabad) immediately and in any case not exceeding 15 days from the date of receipt of the sanctioned amount.
PERFORMANCE, MONITORING AND COORDINATION OF THE SCHEME:
- The DoSJE shall monitor the implementation of the scheme in association with DAF by keeping a regular watch and obtaining periodic reports from the University of Allahabad. A physical verification of at least 25% of the students in the Central University chosen randomly through an algorithm shall be done annually by the DoSJE in association with DAF.
- The biometric attendance of the students will be recorded daily. More than 75% attendance will be compulsory for the student per month. If any student is absenting /himself/herself without adequate reason such as medical or household emergencies, his/her admission will be cancelled. In such cases, the total expenditure incurred by the Ministry will be recovered from the student concerned.
- Quitting the coaching course midway without prior approval of the competent authority may lead to recovery of the expenditure incurred on the concerned candidate by the authority.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE STUDENTS:
- Only online applications complete in all respects, shall be considered for selection. All the incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. However, the rejected candidates will have the option to apply in the subsequent years of selection.
- The information supplied by the applicant in his/her online registration/application form shall be final. Any subsequent change in the online registration/application form will not be allowed. If any information provided by the applicant is found to be false or forged at any stage, his/her admission shall be cancelled.
- The applicant is advised to take the print-out of Online Registration/Application Form and keep it with him/her for future correspondence and reference.
- The university will not provide any hostel facility to the candidates.
- The candidate will be required to present himself/herself in person at the time of admission and physical verification of documents.
- The candidate will be required to produce all original certificates relating to his/ her age, qualification, caste and Aadhaar card at the time of admission. In case the candidate fails to produce/submit the original documents for verification his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled without any further notice or communication in this regard.
- If the candidate does not turn up for interview/personality test and admission on the given date and time along with the required documents, his/her claim for the admission will be automatically cancelled, and the candidate next in merit will be accommodated against such seat.
- The candidate must produce Income certificate based on the income for the Financial Year (FY) 2020-21, 2021-22 and 2022-23 and issued on/after 01.04.2023 (after the completion of FY 2022-23).
- The details of information regarding online application, common entrance test (CET), admission and counseling will be available on the University website: www.allduniv.ac.in
- Before applying for admission to the coaching program under the DACE scheme, the candidates should satisfy themselves regarding ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SELECTION required. No enquiry in this regard will be entertained.
DOCUMENTS TO BE UPLOADED WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
- Personal Mobile number of the Applicant
- Personal Email Id of the Applicant
- One latest color passport size photograph (in .jpeg format - less than 100 kb)
- Signature of Applicant (in .jpeg format - less than 100 kb)
- One-self attested copy of age proof: 10th Certificate (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500kb)
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb size)
- Details of Aadhaar-enabled bank account (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb size)
- High School (10th) Marksheet (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb)
- Intermediate (12th) Marksheet (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb)
- Graduation Marksheet (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb)
- Latest Caste Certificate (both for SC and OBC candidates) (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb)
- Income Certificate for FY 2023-24 issued as per provision of the scheme - (in .jpeg or .pdf format - less than 500 kb)
APPLICATION FEES: OBC: Rs. 400/–, SC: Rs. 200/–&PwD(Divyang): NIL
WEB LINK FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM: https://dace.recruitmentsportal.in/dace.aspx
MODE AND VENUE OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION: Offline Written Examination shall be conducted at the University of Allahabad, Prayagraj.
- Start Date of Online Application Form Submission: 07 December 2023
- Last Date of Receipt of Online Application: 26 December 2023 by 23:59:59
- Date of Entrance Test: 06th January 2024
- Date of Declaration of Admission Test Results: .12th January 2024 (CET 2023-24 Result)
- Date of 1st Councelling/Admission: 17-18th January 2024
- Date of 2nd Councelling/Admission: 21st January 2024
- Date of commencement of classes: 24th January 2024
Please upload Screenshot of Fee payment (SC 200/- and OBC 400/-) in place of the fee receipt.
कृपया शुल्क रसीद के स्थान पर शुल्क भुगतान (एससी 200/- और ओबीसी 400/-) का स्क्रीनशॉट अपलोड करें।