A meeting of University – Industry linkage under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor was held on Friday, 14 February, 2014 in the Camp Office of the Vice-chancellor in which Professor Incharge, Academic Programme, Registrar, Nodal Officer, University Industry Interface Cell (UIIC) and some faculties from University of Allahabad as well as President, Eastern UP Chamber of Commerce & Industry (EUPCCI), Secretary, EUPCCI and Joint Secretary, EUPCCI from Industry were present.
Another meeting of University Industry Interface Cell (UIIC) under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor was held on February 26, 2014 in the meeting room of the Vice-Chancellor in which Professor Incharge, Academic Programme, Nodal Officer, UIIC and Finance officer were present to discuss joint organization of National Conference on “Education, Employability & Entrepreneurship: Finding the Missing Link” with EUPCCI.
Third meeting of University Industry Interface Cell (UIIC) under the chairmanship of Dean, R & D was held on March 7, 2014 in the office of Dean, R & D to discuss the strengthening of University-Industry linkage and participation of ten member delegation at Hotel Kanha Shyam in the National Conference on “Education, Employability & Entrepreneurship: Finding the Missing Link”
|Delegation members with Dean Research & Development|
|A National Conference was organised on “Education, Employability & Entrepreneurship: Finding the Missing Link” at Hoel Kanha Shyam on March 8, 2014.|
|National Conference inauguration and University delegation members|
|On March 8, 2014, an Interactive Session of University-Industry linkage was under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor was held in which representatives from University as well as from Industry were present to discuss the implementation of recommendations made in the National Conference on “Education, Employability & Entrepreneurship: Finding the Missing Link”|
|Interactive Session of University-Industry Linkage|
Benefits of University-Industry Linkage to the Industry
- Access to manpower, including well-trained graduates and knowledgeable faculty from the university;
- Access to basic and applied research results from which new products and processes will evolve;
- Solutions to specific problems or professional expertise, not usually found in an individual firm
- Access to university facilities, not available in the industry
- Assistance in continuing education and training
- Being good local citizens or fostering good community relations
|1||Dr S I Rizvi
|Professor, Dept of Biochemistry, UoA||9415305910|
|2||Dr. Awadh Bihari Yadav||Assistant Professor, Centre of Biotechnology, UoA||7706070903|
|3||Dr. Suneet Dwivedi||Associate Professor, K.Banerji Centre of Atospheric Science & Oceanography, UoA||9450587733|
|4||Dr. Manoj Kumar Singh||Assistant Professor, Centre of Material Science, UoA||9598644106|
|5||Dr. A. R. Siddiqui||Associate Professor, Dept of Geography, UoA||9450608208
|Sl No||Name||Contribution and Achievements|
|1||Shri Deepak Singhal||ED, RBI|
|2||Shri Pankaj Dubey||CEO, Polaris Ltd.|
|3||Shri C.M.Sethi||CEO, Reckitt Benkiser|
|4||Shri Tarun Jha||Country Head, Skoda|
|5||Shri Ratan Capoor||Director, Sahara India|
|6||Shri Ajeet Prasad||MD, ASREC|
|7||Shri Farid Akhtar||GM, Punjab National Bank|
|8||Shri Salil Krishna||VP, AXIS Bank|
|9||Shri Projjal Chakrabarty||ED, Indian Oil|
|10||Shi Gyaneshwar Tewari||ED, Indian Oil|
|11||Shri Alok Mishra||ED, ONGC|
|12||Shri Praveen Anand||ED, Punjab & Sind Bank|
|13||Shri Vimal Tripathi||VP, HDFC Bank|
|14||Shri Sharad Srivastava||ED, LIC|
|15||Shri Sanjeev Matoo||Sr. VP, Reliance Industries|
|16||Shri Sanjay Srivastava||DGM, State Bank of India|
|17||Shri Arvind Pandey||DGM, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd.|
|18||Shri Anurag Gupta||GM, Food Corporation|
|19||Shri Vikas Kapoor||Global Head, Bharti Airtel|
|20||Shri Anupam Verma||President, Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd|
|21||Ms Nivedita Dubey||Joint GM, Airport Authority of India Ltd|
|22||Ms Rashmi Dhingra||Senior Manager, Indian Oil|
|1||Prof. Ranjana Prakash
|Professor & Head, Department of Physics, University of Allahabad, Allahabad - 211002||9794169391|
|2||Dr. Geeta Watal||Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad - 211002||9450587750|
|3||Dr. Abhay Kumar Pandey||Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad - 211002||9839521138|
|4||Dr. N. K. Shukla||Associate Professor, JK Institute of Engineering & Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad - 211002||9415214363|
|5||Dr. G.S. Darbari||Ex-President, Eastern UP Chamber of Commerce & Industry, 25-d/1, Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211002||9415289391|
MISSION & OBJECTIVES
The mission of the UIIC is to foster ties with industries through continual dialogue. This interface is envisioned to keep the University's research and academic programs responsive to industry needs and relevant to national development goals.
- To strengthen University Industry linkage
- To provide venues for continual dialogue with various industrial sectors through symposia, exhibitions and roundtable discussions.
- To help identify relevant directions for the University's research thrusts and academic programs based on up-to-date feedback from industry partners.
- To maintain congenial relations with industry partners committed to supporting the University’s industrial internship programs in the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To identify opportunities for extending relations with industry through various activities, including commissioned research projects and topic-oriented technical seminars.